Monday, May 21, 2012

The Sights of Olgiasca

I had some pictures from our day to day activities around Olgiasca (the hill/village our hotel is located on) that I thought might be fun to share with you guys.  Here you go...

First, I did eventually make it back to the Abbazia (they have good panini (sandwiches)), and was able to get some pictures of the inside of the chapel for you guys....as well a quick shot of some of the "locals"


Relief on the wall inside the chapel

I think they called this the "cloister" outside of the chapel
 



The abbazia "locals"
We also found some hiking trails going up to the top of Olgiasca, so we were able to do some hiking after Derrick got off work.




View from the top of Olgiasca

Derrick was able to get some better pictures of the kite surfers from the beach during a particularly windy Sunday we had.


During one of my walks down to the Abbazia in search of un panino, I encountered a herd of sheep that had gotten loose.  I'm not sure where they came from, because I had never seen a herd of sheep in Olgiasca before this and I have not encountered them since then.

"Mary had a....
little lamb, little lamb, little lamb..."
At one point a dog came along and chased them up this hill where they stayed bleating until the dog's owner came and got him.  Hopefully the sheep's owner found them eventually as well.

2 comments:

  1. It is becoming abundantly clear that you need a reality show about your encounters with Italy's random farm life and giant cats, and the occasional Nun... Thought you would go The Real Housewives route but good enough for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! What is the deal with me constantly encountering farm life? I also had a picture of a wild mountain sheep from our hiking pictures, but I thought that was just too much sheep for one post
    =)

    ReplyDelete