Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Sun'll Come Out...

Derrick started his first day of work on Wednesday, so I set off exploring the various areas around the hotel.  Our hotel is not actually in Colico, but is in a village called Olgiasca which is about 5 minutes away.  Unfortunately my manual driving is not yet up to a level where I can be trusted with the rental car, so Olgiasca is as far as I go.  Luckily the sun finally decided to come out Wednesday morning, and there was plenty to document around the hotel.
Hotel Conca Azzurra

They must have some magic soil here, because the flowers are just amazing



Main building of the hotel.  It had started raining again at this point, so you aren't able  to see the full effect.  Our room is at the front of the building facing the gardens.

I tried to get some better pictures of the view while the sun was out.  You can't tell from this, but the clouds are actually covering the tops of the mountains which are still covered with snow.

Not really sure what this place is, some sort of agriculture business, but it made for a good picture and there were donkeys in the back!

Hee Haw!


Flowers at the agriculture building.  I was having fun with the camera's zoom.


More fun with the zoom.  This was actually a guy sailing out in the middle of the lake.  If you look really closely you can see his red life vest.
I also found an Abbey not far from the hotel, but since I went a little picture happy there, I'll save it for the next post.

5 comments:

  1. Your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! And those are only around the hotel, I can't imagine what the rest of the country looks like. We miss you so much already, Thursday nights won't be the same :(

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I miss you guys too! You and the Griffiths should plan a group trip and then we can have a Thursday night dinner in Italy!

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I love that you are planning on blogging and the pictures are awesome :) Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Blog!!!! Love the pictures! Your goal is now it find the most expensive puppy in the country...GO!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that is a mission I will gladly accept ;-)

      Delete